Tax Preparation Services
Edmonton Tax Preparation and Planning
We specialize in preparing tax returns for a diverse group of individuals and small businesses. Whatever your tax situation is, Padgett Business Services can help. With more than 10 years of experience, you can rest assured your taxes are in good hands.
Before you select a tax preparer, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do they have a permanent year round office or are they around for just a few months?
We are here year round providing tax, bookkeeping, and accounting services.
2. If you have a question three months later will they be there to help?
We are always happy to answer questions even if it is some time or months later.
3. If the tax preparer is new, does an experienced tax preparer check the work?
Tax preparers have to start somewhere to gain experience. When we have newly trained tax preparers they start doing basic tax returns and the basic information on more complex tax returns. A senior preparer then does the more complex parts while training the junior preparer. After that a senior accountant checks the entire tax return.
4. How much experience does the senior preparer have?
Our senior people have eight years or more experience. Also we have the backup of expert tax accountants in case of a tough question.
5. Do they take tax update courses every year?
We take tax update courses every year and also do research on our own using the best resources.
6. Do they keep scanned copies of your documents incase CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) asks for a copy?
We scan a copy of your tax slips, medical slips, and donation receipts. After e-filing is done CRA picks random tax returns and requests these slips. CRA sends us a letter and we provide the information since it is on file. You may not even be bothered in most cases. In some cases more detailed information may be requested that has not been scanned. It is your responsibility to keep the information for six years. We do this as an added convenience and added security.
7. Will they provide tax planning suggestions for next year?
When you bring your tax information in to a tax preparer it is usually too late to do tax planning for that year. However, if we see some lost opportunities to reduce taxes we discuss it with you so that you can save tax next year. We hate to see our clients pay more tax than is legally required. We love to help you to arrange your affairs in a more tax efficient way. If you want even more tax planning, we can make arrangements to do more in depth tax planning.
For a free consultation on our tax services, call us at (780) 466-6747 today!
Why Choose Us?
- Small Business Specialists
- Over 10 Years of Experience
- Free Consultations
- Up-to-Date with Tax Laws